America, you do not exist in a vacuum.
Gun control works.
Higher minimum wage works.
Free health care works.
Free higher education works.
too bad the government doesn’t
telling us isn’t really helping
Trust me, we know. We’re being held hostage by our own government.
your life is worth living even if you’re “not doing anything”
your life is worth living even if you are “letting life pass you by”
your life is worth living even if you stay in bed all day every day watching netflix
you don’t have to be big, beloved, important, beautiful, wealthy or famous
there is dignity in just being
it is ok to be
you merely have to be
Why Shane Dawson Is Racist
- Why Blackface Is Racist
- The History of Blackface
- Blackface & Black Minstrelsy in Relation to Stereotypical Black Characters
- How Blackface & Black Minstrelsy Shaped White Perceptions of Black People Today
- Briefly Explaining Modern Blackface
- Brief Highlights of Cultural Appropriation By White Celebrities
- Brief Highlights of Modern Day Blackface By White People
Look at them eyes…how could one say no.
This cat looks like an angel.
ASEXUAL AND AROMANTIC ARE NOT THE SAME THING NOW SAY IT WITH ME
Actual problems with feminism
- excluding POC, mogai, disabled and especially trans women
- ignoring issues that do not involve the U.S
- not realizing that feminism is for women to realize that they can do what they want and thrashing women who are feminine or wear religious attire
Not problems of feminism
- one teenage girl saying she hates men because 5 men catcalled her while walking home from school
Good lord, this is the most stark portrayal I’ve seen of this.
Holy crap, over nine years?
[Tweet from Mark Mellman: “Why the poor can have ‘things’ but can’t escape poverty” with a chart showing the decline in cost over time of goods (especially steep for electronics) and the simultaneous increase in cost over time of needs like housing, healthcare, and education.]
Keep telling people not to spend their money on shoes, though. That’ll really help.
This is why it’s entirely reasonable that someone who can’t afford to purchase health insurance or pay college tuition has decent clothing, a “nice” TV (all TVs are “nice” now) or a smartphone. And also why people should stop making presumptions about how other people spend money.
Morning guys. I hope you remember today that if you slip up you can restart your day at any time. You don’t have to wait til the next day to start over. Just sit down, breathe for a few minutes, and start again.
I like this. I really like this.
Reading this everyday for the weeks to come.